'You have to love what you do to fully devote yourself to it and to make it in a big-time way.' Donald Trump from his new book Trump 101.
These words are so true. If you're ready to start a career in network marketing or multi level marketing, you should feel passionate about your business in order to 'make it in a big-time way.' But with that passion, you need the nuts and bolts of what to do. There is more than enough information online on what you should do, so I've distilled what I've learned into the seven basic areas you see here. Don't let the small size of this article fool you; you are about to embark on something very big; MLM heavy hitter status.
1. Choose the right product. If you wouldn’t sell the product to your mother or brother, then drop it. You need to feel truly enthusiastic about your product or service. The product you represent should be very desirable online and offline, and with or without an attached business opportunity.
2. Become a people person. No matter what your personality is, you can always improve on your people skills. This doesn’t mean you have to smile at every waking minute; you just need to focus a little on what makes other people tick. That’s it. You’re an instant people person.
3. Advertise smart. Attract people. Don't chase them. Learn all you can about search engine optimization, article syndication, and online videos and infomercials. Online videos consistently outsell even the best articles and sales letters by a margin of three to one. On top of that, your video will score a very high ranking in Google if you write your video comments correctly.
You don’t have to create fantastic video productions; a simple slide show with a little music and your voice would be a very effective starting point. Remember, You are the Person of the Year according to Time Magazine. Newspaper classified ads are still very good. Just remember, the first thing the reader wants to know is 'What's in it for me?' Write your ads accordingly, and keep your presentation simple when respondents call you. Always use a nice image and the same thinking when you write an ad for Craigslist.com.
4. Recruit professional sales people. Use your new powers of search engine optimization and classified ads for good, and recruit high quality sales people and entrepreneurs for your opportunity. Just think about it; they love selling. It’s in their blood. If you can present a valuable product with a powerful pay plan, they will line up at your door. The product you represent should be very desirable online and offline, and with or without an attached business opportunity. (Yes, I repeated myself.)
Let your sales professionals and entrepreneurs put your product in the hands of happy end users, and the multi level marketing aspects of your opportunity will take over from there. Vonage, Mary Kay and Avon are perfect examples of this; Their satisfied customers become the best sales people.
5. Choose a high tier opportunity. By high tier I mean an opportunity requiring a $2,000 or $3,000 startup cost. These programs also pay out large and fast commissions. Many high tier opportunities allow you to earn your way in if you’re on a tight budget. The smaller priced opportunities are good, but you need to recruit dozens of people to make your first $1,000, and the $100 autoship costs add up pretty fast. The high tier programs will pay you $1,000 with only one or two customers.
The larger commissions of higher tier programs will also attract all the right sales professionals and entrepreneurs, and you absolutely must have them on your team to become a network marketing heavy hitter.
6. Make your success easy to duplicate. Teach your down line to do and say what you do and say, and keep what you do and say very simple. If you keep it simple, the longevity of your organization is virtually guaranteed. Conversely, if everyone begins to improvise, your team will become distracted, and your downline will begin to dwindle.
Everyone in your sales organization will do much better with a duplicatable system. McDonald’s has been teaching us this for years.
7. Sell your product to end users. For example, if you tell the folks sitting next to you on the beach that you only spent $300 for a whole week in one of the town’s most luxurious resorts, their wet hair will stand straight up. That’s how we as humans work. We’re excited when we hear about a good deal, and we always want to know more.
So that's it. You can become a network marketing or MLM heavy hitter in a relatively short time with this advice. I hope you will use this advice to change your financial life in the very near future.